Visit the Capital City of Venezuela and get charmed by its spectacular setting and with the jungle-clad mountains of the Parque Nacional El Ávila towering over it. Enjoy Venezuela’s eating options and interesting museums as well as the cable car that crowns the Avila National park.
After collecting you at the hotel or airport we will have a short visit to downtown, Simón Bolívar house, visit to Plaza el Venezolano (San Jacinto), Plaza Bolívar, Venezuelan typical lunch, scenery drive onto Cota 1000 motorway, Plaza Altamira and if time allows we can walk through the boulevard Pantheon “Panteón” located in Altagracia District and enjoy a long walk up north the city until we reach the newly renovated National Pantheon where the body of our liberator Simón Bolívar lies inside a spectacular high ceiling building. Just like in the Buckingham, a group of officials stand still for hours to guard the remains of Simón Bolívar, who fought against the Spanish to free 6 countries in South America: Colombia, Ecuador, Perú, Bolivia, Panamá and Venezuela.
After this dense, yet entertaining trip, we will head to Caracas cable car via Cota Mil motorway to get an astonishing view of the city from the top. Also, if weather allows, you will be able to enjoy what is in the other side of the Avila Mountain. On one side, the city, and on the other side, the amazing Caribbean Sea. At the top of the mountain, there are various food kiosks and restaurants where you can try a taste of the typical Venezuelan dishes, basically what a regular Caraqueño could have for lunch or snack. Having a quick midday snack, a drink or a delicious hot chocolate to stay warm is a good thing to experience. At the moment, the tourism minister has just started some renovation work on the Humboldt Hotel on the top of the Avila mountain. This hotel is located right at the highest point just a few minutes walking distance from the cable car station, over 2.140 meters above sea level. Hopefully, this work will be terminated in a 2018, so visitors will have the chance to enjoy this marvelous architectural master piece built during the dictatorship of Marco Perez Jimenez (right wing dictator 1952-1958).
On our way, down to the city, you will also have the opportunity to take fantastic aerial photos. Sometimes clouds get in the middle, but Caracas weather is always generous with photographers.
We will make a stop to grab a bite at a local Venezuelan restaurant.
Return to your accommodation by the airport, Caracas or the airport for you to catch your outbound flight.
– Lunch and soft drinks
– All land transfers
– Trip insurance – mandatory
– Join this tour anytime during the year
– We can arrange hotel accommodation in Caracas and flights IN & OUT, ask us about this
– Perfect as family tour although we recommend a minimum age of 8 years old
This tour is perfect on weekends
– The itinerary presented is a guideline. Things may change with little or no notice due to local circumstances such as weather conditions, difficult access and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances, events or any factor that might put the safety or well-being of our clients at risk.
Perfect to start or end your trip in Venezuela
Suggested Items to Bring
– Hiking shoes
– Light cotton trousers, long-sleeved shirt
– Sun protection / sun block + insect repellent
– Small backpack for daily essentials + plastic bag for wet clothes
– Camera + memory cards and a spare battery.
– Phone and Camera charger (110V for Venezuela)
– Phone + Whatsapp application
– Cash money (at least US$ 50 per person for every 2-3 days of travelling)
© 2019 Osprey Expeditions – Powered by GoPlanet