Journey into a land that time forgot and conquer the pre-Cambrian tabletop summit of Roraima, the highest rock formation of Canaima National Park with 2800 meters above the sea level. The stunning mountain is sacred to the Pemon indigenous people and inspired Arthur Conan Doyle’s “The Lost World.” Take time to explore the unique flora and fauna – some of which is completely unique to the mountain.
If you’re fit and want to get off the beaten track, this adventure will take you to new heights!
Santa Elena- Parai Tepui – Tek River
We will drive for about 2 hours from Santa Elena de Uairen to Parai Tepuy (1600 above sea level) to hike nearly 5 hours through open savannah before reaching the Kukenan Camp at a height of 1050m. You will cross two rivers which can be difficult when the Kukenan grows after rainfall. Our guide and porters will set up the camp for a nice dinner in the foothill of Roraima. (5 hours hiking, all meals).
Tek River-Roraima base camp
Today we will hike 9kms to the base camp of Roraima located at 1850 meters above the sea level including a challenging walk of around two hours. Cross lowland savannah and beautiful landscapes covered with orchids and fascinating plant life and enjoy spectacular views of the walls of the mountain before taking a refreshing swim in the river nearby the camp. (about 5 hours hiking, all meals).
Roraima base camp to the top
We will have a steep hike for about 3 hours (1,5 kms) through the jungle as we reach the top of The Lost World at 2700m. Afterwards we will be exhausted and amazed by the beauty and the overwhelming number of ferns, bromeliads and other rare plants. The sheer wall of Roraima is ahead, and its tough climb to the summit at 2700m. The path continues through jungle and on to the plateau, where there is time to explore with fascinating views of interesting rock shapes as result of 2 Billion years of erosion. The prehistoric and unusual plants up here are a wonder to behold. Some of the surface looks like walking on the moon and the views from the Summit piercing through the fog are unbelievable.
Our tents will be set up in natural caves for 2 nights, providing protection from the frequent mists and showers on top.
We will explore the fantasy land atop Roraima whose massive summit is 45 kilometers long and 20 kilometers wide. We will visit the Crystal Valley where we find strange and beautiful quartz rocks, we will also see the Gran Sabana and Kukenan Tepui window, enjoy a refreshing swim in the natural jacuzzi with red, sand and golden colors on its waters. We will relax and get ready for the descend of 7 hours.
Overnight in tents set in a natural cavity.
Extra Day in Roraima?
No problem if you are in a 6 days group, you want to go further and get the most out of your Roraima experience? Osprey Expeditions makes it happen!
The extra day on top allows you to reach the Triple Point where Venezuela, Brazil and Guyana meet after crossing a bizarre landscape, hiking up and down, crossing creeks and boggy terrain, passing through natural labyrinths.
Let us know you want to add this or even 2-3 days extra and we will take care of it.
This really boosts your Roraima Trek to a real exploration of the summit.
Roraima Top- Tek River camp
Today we will hike down 10,5 kms for about 7 hours to Tek river enjoying some of the last views of the walls of Roraima.
Tek River – Santa Elena de Uairen
We will walk about 4 hours to Parai Tepuy where will be collected to get driven back to Santa Elena. Dinner and overnight in a comfortable posada with bedrooms and private bathroom.
– All meals & soft drinks in the excursions, except Breakfast on Day 1 & Dinner on Day 6
– English speaking native tour guide and porters for cooking and camping gear only.
– All land transfers
– Overnight in shared tents for two (2) people (do you want a single tent? Ask us how!
– Portable toilette
– Camping gear + Mat + Tent + Sleeping Bag
– Trip insurance _ mandatory
– National Park fee and airport taxes, allow US$20 per person
– Tips to staff, allow US$ 10 per person
– Private transfer IN & OUT Santa Elena de Uairen
– Hotel accommodation before and after the trek in Santa Elena de Uairen
– Private porter
– Triple Point hike (only available with an additional day on top)
– Groups of minimum 4 and maximum 12 people!
– We can arrange a private car transfer to Santa Elena de Uairen IN & OUT, we don’t recommed bus services.
– We can also provide hotel accommodation in Santa Elena de Uairen before and after the trek.
-Entering Venezuela via Brazil? We let you know how to do it!
– Too short time to visit Roraima? We can arrange a helicopter service for maximum 4 people!
– Want to get an even more interesting experience? Add Angel Falls Expedition, we make it happen!
© 2017 Osprey Expeditions LLC. – Powered by GoPlanet