Los Roques Archipelago National Park with 221.000 hectares is a paradise with hundreds of spectacular coral reef formations and pristine white coral sand keys. As you approach from the air you will discover an area of extreme contrasts, full of lights, clearly standing from the depths in a 400kms lagoon with 42 small islands around it.
This is the ideal place to end your holidays in Venezuela, relax, go snorkeling, enjoy spectacular sunsets, get charmed by the turquoise and blue colors of the water and coral sand.
– Go snorkeling and find abundant marine life around the coral reef, a must for snorkeling lovers.
– Well selected accommodation in Gran Roque
– Unique sunset with birds diving and fishing
– Soak up the secluded atmosphere of the white sand beaches of the Archipelago.
– Enjoy a boat trip across the turquoise waters of Los Roques
Caracas- Los Roques
Our tour starts with a 45 minutes flight from Caracas to Gran Roque in Los Roques Archipelago early in the morning; after meeting our representative you will walk for a few minutes to our selected accommodation for check in.
Our tour starts with a boat trip to a nearby key where you can relax and enjoy the sea from the comfort of your chair protected with an umbrella and enjoy our boxed lunch. Go out for snorkeling to explore the island’s waters by swimming among schools of tropical fish and other marine life. Return to Gran Roque and balance of the afternoon on own. Dinner and overnight at your chosen posada.
Los Roques- Caracas
Go out in an early walk around Gran Roque and enjoy the Sea Gulls, Pelicans and Boobies diving in the sea looking for fresh fishes with the sunrise light before breakfast. Feel free to visit a nearby key in an optional boat trip that starts around 10am. Boxed lunch on the beach, chairs and umbrella are included. We return to Gran Roque right on time to check in for our flight to Caracas with spectacular views of Los Roques from the air.
2 days in Los Roques seems too short?
Are you diver? Honeymoon? Full Day Tour?
Extra days In Los Roques?
We can arrange it for you.
Things to do in Los Roques
Diving and Snorkeling
This is a must-do activity when traveling to Los Roques. You absolutely should not miss the Caribbean barrier reefs enclosing the islands, and experience steep walls on the eastern and southern flanks. You will be encountering multicolored coral reefs and schools of fish, including imposing submarine caves.
We can also organize a PADI Certification if you spend longer time in the Archipelago.
If you want to feast your eyes on superb views of the nearby islands, pristine lagoons and the entire Caribbean Sea, then trekking the Gran Roque should be included in your itinerary. This also allows you to see the lighthouse on a hill at the heart of the island. The most recommended activity is watching the glorious sun set at the peak of Gran Roque.
It is free and you don’t need a tour to join.
One of the most affordable and well-liked activities on Los Roques is taking a trip to the cays and islets around the island. Cheaper day tours could be availed from small boats, also called a “Peñero”, at the main docks for only $10 to $30 per passenger.
Overall, diving, snorkeling, trekking and island hopping are the best activities to do on the Los Roques Archipelago.
Top keys you can visit during your stay in Los Roques:
Despite its small size, Noronky offers paradise-seekers a great deal to be pleased about. The white, sandy beach generally remains low-key and uncrowded thanks to its distance from Gran Roque. The lack of crowds allows the marine life to remain abundant, so if you bring your snorkeling gear, you can come face-to-face with countless tropical fish. If you’re lucky, you may even spot sea turtles gliding by. Take your own refreshments, as the area offers few food options.
Spend a day in the water at the beaches of Francisky. White sandy expanses outline the shores of the island, where shallow waters make this attraction appropriate for families with children. Take a boat to one of the many dive spots and view the island from below the water.
You’ll find restaurants on the island so you can plan for meals.
Lounge on the exotic Crasky, situated on the island of Grand Roque and offering smooth white sand and crystal clear water. Swim and snorkel among the coral, starfish, rays, and other colorful fish species, or soak up some sun on the milky white sands. You can indulge in fresh seafood in the rustic beachfront restaurant, explore the nooks and crannies of the island, or try to spot sea turtles, pelicans, and large seashells.
Cayo de Agua
Located in the south-western zone of the archipelago, two islets very well connected by a sand corridor, in a territory totally immersed in nature, completely surrounded by crystal clear waters.
It is no coincidence that is among the 20 most beautiful beaches in the world.
Also known as The Turtle hatching island, there is a park station and an archaeological whereabouts as well as a magnificent beach are all there.
There is a landing strip on the island for small aircrafts, laboratories, service areas, accommodation and a room for the raising of turtles which usually awaken much interest among visitors. In the breeding tanks one can see the three different types of species most common in the archipelago. On a trail that goes from the breeding area to the east coast of the island there is a place built with Botuto shells (big conch shells) where turtles become acclimatized before they are freed.
You can visit this island together with Cayo de Agua as a full day tour in Los Roques.
– Flight Caracas -Los Roques / Los Roques – Caracas
– Airport assistance from our English speaking staff
– All meals except Breakfast on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 2
– Chairs, umbrella and Boxed lunch
– Accommodation at one of our selected posadas with private bathroom
– Boat trip to a nearby island on Day 1
– Snorkeling equipment in Day 2
– Alcohol drinks
– Breakfast on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 2
– Diving tours
– Boat trip on Day 2
– National Park fees and airport taxes, allow US$ 15 per person
– Laundry, internet, phone calls & other personal expenses
– Maximum 8 kilos per person as luggage in the flights
– Standard and Superior accommodation are available with 3 meals included per night
– An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including fishing, diving, snorkeling, hiking to the Light Tower and much more
– All our selected posadas feature Air Conditioning and Private bathroom and are located maximum 200 meters away of the airport.
– The itinerary presented is a guideline. Things may change with little or no notice due to local circumstances such as weather conditions, difficult access and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances, events or any factor that might put the safety or well-being of our clients at risk.
© 2017 Osprey Expeditions LLC. – Powered by GoPlanet