Join an authentic adventure by horse to this secluded Andes Village of only 150 inhabitants at 2400m high after riding the tallest and largest Cable Car System of the World.
Enjoy the silence, the tranquility of the Andean life surrounded by the highest peaks of Venezuela in this 2 days adventure.
– Horseback riding in the Venezuelan Andes with unique views of some of the highest peaks of Venezuela.
– Ride the tallest and largest cable car system of The World
– 4 different climatic regions between 1600 and 4200 meters
– Interact with authentic Andean people living far away from the city
Merida -Los Nevados
Our tour starts with one of Venezuela’s gems, The Cable Car. We will go from Merida city to Pico Espejo Station (4900m) which is the last one of Cable Car system where we can see Bolivar peak Glaciar (5007m) and the road that we will hike on the way to Los Nevados (2400m).
Once we are ready, we will take the wagon down to Loma Redonda (4045m) where our horses are ready to join us in a 13 kms trek through the mountains of Sierra Nevada National Park and 4 different climatic regions until we reach Los Nevados after 6 hours on the road.
Hot soup and dinner with overnight at a local posada with stunning views of the mountains.
Los Nevados Merida
Enjoy the sunrise on the Venezuelan Andes before having a tasty breakfast. Go out and get some nice shots of the local friendly people in their daily routine, walk in the church and the police station. A 4x 4 vehicle will collect us to drive for about 2 hours with in the stunning views among the rolling hills of the Andes Mountains and its terraces with Potatoes, Wheat, garlic, etc plantations. Before lunch, we will head to Tierra Negra and close our adventure with a Paragliding Tandem flight of 20-30 minutes; no experience needed and all flights are with highly experienced instructors.
Our tour ends by 2pm and we drive you back to your accommodation in Merida or beyond.
– All meals & soft drinks in the excursions, except Breakfast on Day 1 & Dinner on Day 2
– English speaking tour guide
– All land and boat transfers
– Zip Lining helmets, belts and all equipments
– Paragliding Equipments and protection
– Overnight at rustic lodge with shared bathroom, great location and best service
– Trip insurance – mandatory
– Tips to staff, allow US$ 10 per person
Suggested Items to Bring
– Hiking shoes
– Light cotton trousers, shorts, tee shirts, long-sleeved shirt
– Rain protection (poncho) + Head protection – baseball cap, hat or scarf
– Microfiber fast drying towel
– Sun protection / sun block + insect repellent
– Small flash light and spare batteries (ideally a “free hands” head torch lamp)
– Small backpack for daily essentials
– Camera + memory cards and a spare battery.
– Phone and Camera charger (110V for Venezuela)
– Phone + Whatsapp application
– Cash money (at least US$ 50 per person for every 2-3 days of travelling)
– Snacks and chocolate bar for the hike to Los Nevados (please share with locals)
– Cable Car ticket is not included and can be purchased at the first station for US$ 50 per person
– This mountain can be climbed anytime of the year but the best is during the dry seasons. December – March has very good weather.
– Minimal Requirements: Good physical condition, being able to walk at least 6 hours per day, some previous basic hiking experience.
– Temperatures during the day from 5 Celsius up to 25 Celsius degrees.
© 2017 Osprey Expeditions LLC. – Powered by GoPlanet