Two of the most iconic destinations of Southamerica in one shot!
Join our exciting river expedition to the base of the highest waterfall of the world and end up chilling out by the deepest blue and green waters of Los Roques paradise.
Perfect combination of adventure, relaxation, jungle, pristine beaches, blue and green waters, a must in Venezuela!
Day 1 Puerto Ordaz-Canaima Lagoon
The Angel Falls are located deeply inside Canaima National Park. Your tour begins with a flight from Ciudad Bolívar or Puerto Ordaz to the Canaima Lagoon area, from which you can see a group of four different cascades known as Hacha, Wadaima, Ucaima and Golondrina. After a tasty lunch at a local indigenous village you will be taken across the lagoon and walk along the pink sand banks and up, through the jungle to the majestic Sapo Falls. From this point and on, you may swim in the lake before walking up through the jungle and behind the falls while enjoying a great scenery through a powerful water curtain. Dinner at the camp before going to sleep (beds) to the sound of crickets. Feel free to walk in the Pemon Community and get to know a bit more about the Pemon culture.
Day 2 Angel Falls
After breakfast, you will walk through the jungle before taking a motorized canoe up Carrao and Churún rivers towards the spectacular Angel falls. As you travel along the rivers for about 4 hours, you will have the time to take in the lush scenery and the fantastic Tepuys, you will enjoy a light picnic lunch afterwards. At Devil’s Canyon, you can see the Angel Falls cascading 1km down from the top of Auyántepuy and running all the way to Churún river. From here this point, you will walk up through the jungle for about an hour to the Mirador Laime viewpoint and then down to the rock pools near the base of the falls. If you get lucky, you may swim in the freshwater of Angel Falls. After this magnificent experience, you will have a delicious, freshly meal prepared by a local Pemon at the base camp. Have a good sleep in our comfortable hammocks by the tallest fall in the world, if you have not experienced sleeping in hammocks, your tour guide will show how to get a perfect sleep as local Pemons do.
Day 3 Angel Falls -Caracas
After a quick breakfast at the base camp, you will travel back down the river to Canaima town, lunch will be ready for you before taking a final flight over the jungle towards Ciudad Bolívar airport and transfer to Puerto Ordaz for your flight to Caracas. At your arrival, our staff will collect you at Caracas airport and take you to a nearby hotel to spend the night and get ready for Los Roques.
Day 4 Caracas -Los Roques
Our tour starts with a 45 minutes flight from Caracas to Gran Roque in Los Roques Archipelago early in the morning; after meeting our representative you will walk for a few minutes to our selected accommodation for check in.
Our tour starts with a boat trip to a nearby key where you can relax and enjoy the sea from the comfort of your chair protected with an umbrella and enjoy our boxed lunch. Go out for snorkeling to explore the island’s waters by swimming among schools of tropical fish and other marine life. Return to Gran Roque and balance of the afternoon on own. Dinner and overnight at your chosen posada.
Day 5 Los Roques Caracas
Go out in an early walk around Gran Roque and enjoy the Sea Gulls, Pelicans and Boobies diving in the sea looking for fresh fishes with the sunrise light before breakfast. Feel free to visit a nearby key in an optional boat trip that starts around 10am. Boxed lunch on the beach, chairs and umbrella are included. We return to Gran Roque right on time to check in for our flight to Caracas with spectacular views of Los Roques from the air.
– All meals in the excursions, except Breakfast on Day 1 & Dinner on Day 3
– English speaking native tour guide
– All land, boat and air transfers
– Overnight at standard category lodge with private bathroom for one (1) night + one (1) night in hammock.
– 24/7 service
– Airport assistance from our English speaking staff
– All meals except Breakfast on Day 1, Dinner on Day 3, Breakfast on Day 4 and Dinner on Day 5
– Chairs, umbrella and Boxed lunch in Los Roques
– Accommodation at one of our selected posadas with private bathroom in Los Roques
– Boat trip to a nearby island on Day 4 + snorkeling equipment included
– Trip insurance – mandatory
– National Park fee and airport taxes, allow US$30 per person
– Tips to staff, allow US$ 10 per person
– Flight over Angel Falls, about US$ 120 per person with minimum 4 participants
– Additional boat trips in Los Roques, diving, snorkeling
– Laundry, internet, phone calls & other personal expenses
– Join Angel Falls ideally between May and January, rest of the year is great anyway with a few small changes.
– This tour can be shortened or even extended, ask us how!
– Angel Falls flight over only as optional.
– Departures every day except Sundays!
– Only smalls groups of minimum 4 and maximum 12 participants for Angel Falls
– We can arrange hotel accommodation in Caracas and flights IN & OUT, ask us about this
– Perfect as family tour although we recommend a minimum age of 8 years old
– Maximum 10 kilos per person as luggage in the flights for Los Roques
– Standard and Superior accommodation are available with 3 meals included per night
All our selected posadas in Los Roques feature Air Conditioning and Private bathroom and are located maximum 200 meters away of the airport.
The itinerary presented is a guideline. Things may change with little or no notice due to local circumstances such as weather conditions, difficult access and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances, events or any factor that might put the safety or well-being of our clients at risk.
© 2017 Osprey Expeditions LLC. – Powered by GoPlanet